Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How to Clear SNMP v3 Trap Recipient using CLI

Hi Guys,

Good morning.

I received an error "snmp destination table is full on the switch"
upon checking there are already 6 entries. I would like to know how do we remove specific trap recipients on the list using CLI?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Emman

Brocade Moderator

Re: How to Clear SNMP v3 Trap Recipient using CLI

Hello,

You need to reset to the default setting and then to add used IP addresses.

snmpconfig --default snmpv3

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

@Thierry.Zimmermann

Thanks for the reply appreciated it.

I created a procedure on "How To's" using GUI, is it thru that it is only possible to remove SNMP recipient only using the CLI?

(haven't tested it since we don't have extra device)

Thanks for the time.

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have tried through GUI interface and I was not able to remove it but it is possible to come back to 0.0.0.0 as IP adrs.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

You mean, I can set the IP to 0.0.0.0 then Apply, then re-enter the IP Address then Apply again?

Thanks really for the time appreciated it.
Brocade Moderator

Yes for remove, set 0.0.0.0

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.