Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

How do I add a configured swtich to my fabric?

I have a client that wants to add a switch that they currently store a configuration to my fabric.  I have a silkworm 4800, and it has it's own configuration.  How do I add their switch (which is a brocade 2005-B5k / SAN32B-3) to my fabric with their configuration while keeping my configuration?  Does this require a merge?  I want all zones on both switches to be active.

External Moderator

Re: How do I add a configured swtich to my fabric?

Before you can add any configure switch to another Fabric, must make sure all Switch have a different Domain ID.

Second: This both Switch you want to add, have a Active a configure "Config" and you cannot activate 2 cnfig at same time.

With other word, you must merge the config from the Switch Customer to 48K. This procedure is little complexed if you want to Merge in ( Productive ) Online Mode.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Where can I find a documented procedure for merging the 2 fabrics?  Thanks.

External Moderator

Any standard Merging Guide or manuals is not available, because the one is different to the other one.

Again, if you want to add a Configured Switches/ Fabric to another, this is very Complexed.

If you dont have experience with a Online Merge, ask your Service Supplier HP, IBM EMC or Brocade for a Onsite Technicians.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.