Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Hi, I learning the brocade 4100. Do anyone know were I can find the event logs or the command. I need help to import this into splunk. Thanks

Hi, I learning the brocade 5100.  How can I automate the event logs into splunk monitoring?. Thanks

New Contributor

Hi, I learning the brocade 4100. Do anyone know were I can find the event logs or the command. I need help to import this into splunk. Thanks

You can get event logs or you can try getting output of event logs by using " errdump " or " errshow " command ... Or " supportshow " will give everything ...

Frequent Contributor

Re: Hi, I learning the brocade 4100. Do anyone know were I can find the event logs or the command. I need help to import this into splunk. Thanks

Inaddition to what Musaveer mentioned above,  you can also use 'supportsave' command  to save RASLOG, TRACE, supportShow and other support information

thx

Deepti

Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi, I learning the brocade 4100. Do anyone know were I can find the event logs or the command. I need help to import this into splunk. Thanks

were do I launch this command at in web tools?

Occasional Contributor

Can I get instruction on how to run the command in web tools?

New Contributor

Hi,

You need to acces brocade 4100 through " putty or telnet " .

Steps:-

1) Open the switch using  " putty or telnet " . ( Use switch ip , login details )

2) Run the command "errshow" or "errdump" to get the event logs. And you can save your putty session to a text file.

3) If you want to save the entire switch logs to a file you can use " supportsave" and enter you FTP server details where you want to save the supportsave logs.

Regards,

Occasional Contributor

Will this errshow have information on who login  the sw?.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi, I learning the brocade 4100. Do anyone know were I can find the  event  logs or the command. I need help to import this into splunk. Thanks

How can I automate the event logs into splunk app.?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi, I learning the brocade 4100. Do anyone know were I can find the  event  logs or the command. I need help to import this into splunk. Thanks

How do I automate the event log for a brocade 5100 into splunk monioring? Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

How can I automate the event log for a brocade 5100 into splunk monioring? Thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.