Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Help with 2005-16B (SilkWorm 200E)

I purchased this switch used as a replacement to an older LAN Switch for my IBMi / AS400 Server.

I am able to log on with Putty via USB/DB9, and have configured the IP Address information so it can

plug into my companies network.

I am using this switch as a stand alone unit to connect Fiber Cables from each of my IBMi Server LPAR's to share those

to a IBM TS-3200 Tape Library that has 2 LTO3 Tape Drives that will also connect via Fiber Cables.

I don't have any experience with Fiber Switches, so need some help as I dig through the Manual.

My old swtich died, and don't have any support for it.

I have 16 Modules that came with this Switch, should I plug all of them in, or only the number I need.

I have no caps to cover the holes as I see they mention on the manual.

Does it matter where I plug them in as the unit has 2 Groups of 8 (0 thru 7) and (8 thru 15).

If I plug in 8 of these modules (Say 4 or each side) will they just work, or will there need to be some sort of configuration to make them all work so the 2 Tape Drives can be seen as available to my IBMi Server's different LPAR's.

Thanks...

External Moderator

Re: Help with 2005-16B (SilkWorm 200E)

Brocade 200 is a SAN swicht, not for LAN. In feew word, you cannot plug IP connectivity except on the management port which is intended for management only. End of story!!!!!!
TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.