Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Help! After replacing both CPU cards in my 48000 director I am unable to restore my saved config

Help! After replacing both CPU cards in my 48000 director I am unable to restore my saved config because the config was FOS v6.2.0 and the new CPU blades are FOS v6.4.0.

I have tried down grading the firmware to 6.2.0 but that fails because firmwaredownload is expecting to find release.plist in the v6.2.0g/ directory and it is not there. What should I do?

-Steve

External Moderator

Re: Help! After replacing both CPU cards in my 48000 director I am unable to restore my saved config

sbennett,

I assume you have after CP replacement configure the blade with ip, check domain id, and other config you have made in removed CP ?

have you saved all license key bevore remove defective CP's ?

configdownload should work without any kind of problem, and should have no impact to different FOS Release from 6.2.x to 6.4.x

can you please post the exact error you get when you try to download the config ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: Help! After replacing both CPU cards in my 48000 director I am unable to restore my saved config

Yes we set the IP addresses on the new CPUs and we can Putty in just fine.

When I run configdownload the exact error message is:

"Config file version is not compatible with the switch firmware version."

I checked the versions and my config file is v6.2.0 and the switch firmware is v6.4.0.

-Steve

External Moderator

Steve,

must work, because the backup is lower as the current FOS. Try follow please, set the switch in disable "switchdisable"

if this not work, login as root and set the chassis in disable "chassisdisable"

question:

have you used a operand by "configupload" i.e. all or chassis ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Nevermind. We found a work around. We manually merged a v6.4.0 config with our old v6.2.0 config and loaded it back in.

Thanks,

-Steve

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.