Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
mgrammer

HBA driver for Windows 2003

I am having a little bit of trouble finding the correct version of HBA driver for the EM-815-0010 and EM-825-0010 HBAs.  The operating system is Windows 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition R2 SP2.  When i searched the adapters on the Brocade website, i did not see anything for Windows 2003.  I only see the Adapater Software Utility.  Will this utility have the correct driver for this OS?  I need version 3.1.0.0.

Thanks in advance.

Antonio Bongiorno TechHelp24

Re: HBA driver for Windows 2003

mgrammer,

first at all, please post at next time such question in correct forum.

http://community.brocade.com/community/forums/products_and_solutions/server_connectivity

about you question, AFAIK Windows 2003 Drivers are not included in 3.1.x package.

however are included in this ISO Image

http://www.brocade.com/sites/dotcom/services-support/drivers-downloads/adapters/ISO.page

--->>>  I need version 3.1.0.0.

what is the the reason you need 3.1.x since you are using W2K3 ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor
mgrammer

We are performing a switch firmware upgrade and since this host is connected to EMC storage, EMC recommends that we upgrade the firmware on the HBA to 3.1.0.0.

So, even though the installer detects the correct OS version, it will not install the driver?

Antonio Bongiorno TechHelp24

If EMC reccomends 3.1.x Driver then should provide to malke for you available what I have a big doubt for W2K3.

-->>> So, even though the installer detects the correct OS version, it will not install the driver?

as meintioned in my preview post, W2K3 Driver are not included in 3.1.x Package, and I dont have at the moment the oppurtunity to test it.

BTW, I've in my lab Newest Brocade Generation Swicthes, like Brocade 8000 and 5100, both are connect to EMC and NetApp Storage, trough very old FIRST Generation HBA 410 and 420 on W2K3 R2 x64 and work fine without any issue.

TechHelp24
Frequent Contributor
Grace.Chang

Hi mcgrammer,

I have moved your discussion thread to the Server Connectivity Forum as that will be the best place to get your question answered.

Thank you for using Brocade Communities!

Cheers,

Grace Chang

Global Community Manager

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.