Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

HBA 825 Direct Connect to EMC AX150

Sorry to hash this again but i need to know if there is any updates that will allow me to connect the 825 to our older EMC AX150 SAN directly. I have a Dell R710 Server that we just installed this HBA in running VMware ESX4.1. I downloaded and installed the most recent driver and the HBA is connected and indicates that the Link is UP in HCM and all the lights indicate the link is OK. However, the host will not register with this old SAN no matter what I try. I see now that reading other discussions that direct connection may not happen until the next driver release, if it will even work then. No, I can't afford to put a switch in between the AX150 and the 825. i need to retire our older VMware server which is currently direct connected to the AX150 SAN and the migration would be so much easier if I could connect the new server to the same SAN. What I can probably do is return the HBA and get a different card that will support direct connection to this oldewr SAN. Is this my only option? Thanks in advance. I'd like to keep the Brocade HBA but I can't justify in this case if it won't allow me to use it with direct connect for now and Switch connection in the future.

Contributor

Re: HBA 825 Direct Connect to EMC AX150

Hello Ratkinson,

Currently Brocade BR-825 does not support direct connect to an EMC AX150; however, the Brocade HBA will be support direct attached (or direct connects) in driver release 3.1 which is not yet to be released. Please contact me directly so we can discuss and I might be able to get you a Brocade "loaner" switch.

Hoai Vu

hvu@brocade.com

N/A

Will the HBA 825 support the EMC VNX 5100 and vSphere5 (esxi 5.0) array with the driver 3.1? When will the driver be available?

Grzesiek B.

Contributor

Grzesiek,

The driver v3.1 will schedule to be released in May-Jun 2012. Currently, Brocade FC HBA only supported Point-to-Point (P2P) and not in Abitrated-Loop (AL) topology. Do you know if the EMC VNX5100 supports P2P?

Frequent Contributor

In my understanding  two VNX are connected P2P while implementing Continous Remote Replication between the sites. so yes , VNX does support P2P

External Moderator

SKT

--->>>In my understanding  two VNX are connected P2P while implementing.....

Native question aboud VNX Support is:

--->>>Will the HBA 825 support the EMC VNX 5100 and vSphere5 (esxi 5.0)....

--->>>so yes , VNX does support P2P

The answer is, VNX's not support Point-to-Point

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.