Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

Getting pending transaction message "Current transaction token is 0x7d23. It is abortable".

Brocade SW6505 with fw 07.4.1b

http://www.powershelladmin.com/wiki/SSH_from_PowerShell_using_the_SSH.NET_library

I am executing commands to brocade fc switch with powershell cmdlets. whenever i am trying to create a zone, the zone is actually created but i am not able to save the config using cfgsave command as i am getting following error message:

PS C:\Users\Administrator> $zns = Invoke-Sshcommand -InvokeOnAll -Command "echo yes |cfgsave"
100.100.100.100 had an error:

When i check for the zone transaction status, I get the following message:

PS C:\Users\Administrator.INDIA> $zns = Invoke-Sshcommand -InvokeOnAll -Command "cfgtransshow"
100.100.100.100: Current transaction token is 0x7d23
It is abortable

Now, i can abort the transaction using "cfgtransabort" command, but the newly created zone details also gets erased.

Is there any way to complete the existing transaction and save the config?

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Valued Contributor

Re: Getting pending transaction message "Current transaction token is 0x7d23. It is abortable".

I understand that each separate PowerShell command opens its own ssh connection, and therefore it's like you created a zone and your colleague running from another workstation can't see it and activate it. You have to combine all your zone/alias create commands and finalize with the cfgenable (or save) command into the same ssh connection i.e. into the single PowerShell command.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.