Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Force local login after ldap config?

I recently configured ldap on a switch to test it out, however on any user ( be it admin or any other role) i get the "Invalid Chassis Role". According to documentation i have to manually config a user to be able to have those chassis permissions..... but ok, how if i can't log as admin?

I do have local database configured as backup, worst case scenario I cut communication between ldap server and switch, bur right now its not an option.

Any advice would help

Super Contributor

Re: Force local login after ldap config?

Is it an option to connect locally to the serial connection?

If so you have to unplug network cables before you can login.

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

I'm not too worried about that part, it's more about the difficulties of not being able to do admin stuff as an admin.....

Super Contributor

this is like how to get root access on a linux box if you lost root password.

I am not sure if the password recovery function of the Brocade switches will delete the LDAP config as well.

For this procedure you need a serial connection and have to reboot the switch.

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

Wouldnt it be easier to just break connection to the Active Directory server and let the local database take over? I mean i have the passwords of every local and ldap user......

I think my question goes more in the line of, what good is ldap if you have to manually configure ldap users in each switch?

AND, what sense does it makes that I can't do admin stuff as an ldap global admin.....????

or if there is any workaround it

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.