Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Firmware upgrade switch modules for IBM BladeCenter

Hi Guys,

Can someone help on where I can download the latest firmware for the switch modules part#'s I have below? These switch modules are in blade chassis running windows environment and we need to update them to be compatible on SVC version 4.3.

It is attached also F32 and B32 switch. My question is, does it matter if the firmware of the switch modules connected to the SAN switches are higher compare to SAN switches?

Also, Im having trouble looking for the right firmware for part# 32R1818 because I can't find it on change history release of the firmware.

Part   NumberCurrent Fabric OS   Version
90P01635.0.3a
26K56205.0.3a
32R18185.0.3a

Appreciate any help on my query.

Regards,

Kaelo

External Moderator

Re: Firmware upgrade switch modules for IBM BladeCenter

Patrick,

details about compatibility with Bladecenter switch module are listed in the Brocade release notes.

http://www.brocadeconnect.com/brocdoc/viewSummary.jsp?cat_id=66670613

here the corresponding correct Number to brocade:

90P0163 = Brocade 3016

32R1818 = Brocade 4020 ( is this Blade FRU 1820 ? ) or post here please the exact SwitchType ?

26K5620 = ??? SwitchType ???

you can see the switchtype with the command "switchshow"

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hi TH24,

When I opened the link it says "null" and no document found.

Im very new on the blades and I only tried browsing the Blade module via GUI. For the SAN switch inside the blade chassis, how do I connect to the switch modules?

Regards,

External Moderator

The Link is correct and work fine.

Go to -> Technical Resource Center -> Documentations Library ->Release Notes -> Fabric Operating Systems release Notes, and select here the current Release or higher.

Command line work Via Telnet.

log to the switcht with Hyper terminal or equivalent terminal software, as admin and the password.

BTW, you wrote here:

--->>> Im very new on the blades...

are you sure, you are able to Upgrade the FabricOS correct into the Bladecenter Switches ?

the moust user have made the blade useless

Message was edited by: TechHelp24

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hi TH24,

I saw the link now and found that 2 of my hbas are compatible. I will have a look for the other switch tomorrow.

I have also B32 and F32 switch, can you please tell me the equivalent brocade modle for this. Or do you have a document that I can find all of this corresponding brocade models?

"are you sure, you are able to Upgrade the FabricOS correct into the Bladecenter Switches ?

the moust user have made the blade useless" - Actually Im quite confused on this and didn't understand... sorry.

The blade switch modules are connected to the F32 and B32 switches will they work if they have different firmware levels?

Regards,

kaelo

External Moderator

F32 = Brocade 3900, capable only with FabOS max. v5.3.2a

B32 = Brocade 4100, can run same as F32 or higher.

--->>> ....will they work if they have different firmware levels?

for exact details beetwen the compatibilty see the Release otes or Matrix Guide.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks TH24, for my other switch part# 26K5620 the FRU for this is 90P0164 so it must be the same as part#90P0163 which has the same FRU also. Can you confirmed this?

External Moderator

Yes, both are the same Blade switch and use same FOS release.

Native is the 63 a Entry Level Blade , and 64 is a Enterprise Licensed Blade.

TechHelp24
Contributor

TH24,

Thanks a lot for the help. I can have a good plan now on my firmware update. I think I don't need to update the switch modules on the bladecenter as it will only complicate things since the current FOS are still supported on the FOS 5.3.1a which is going to be updated on my F32 and B32 switches.

Regards,

kaelo

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.