Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Firmware upgrade problem

I have an HP branded 200e. I successfully upgraded the firmware from v5.0.1d to v5.1.0d and then to v5.1.1a. But now when trying to upgrade to v5.2.0b the firmwaredownload prompts appear to be different than the previous 2 versions and the download fails even though I'm using the same exact login info. I get "Firmwaredownload failed. Please verify that the host IP address, the user name, and password are valid." I know the info is valid as I just used it for the previous upgrades.

External Moderator

Re: Firmware upgrade problem

Hi stcain,-&gt;&gt;&gt; But now when trying to upgrade to v5.2.0b the firmwaredownload prompts appear to be different than....<BR><BR>Is correct, the upgrade procedure by v.5.2.x is a little different as previous release.<BR><BR>-&gt;&gt;&gt; I get "Firmwaredownload failed. This must work, otherview inform.

TechHelp24
N/A

Re: Firmware upgrade problem

Here is the fix for this problem that I came upon after much beating my head against a wall at 3 in the morning:That should do it. I hope this helps.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.