Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Firmware download failed (0x12) Can't access package list (.plist) file

Attempted to upgrade Brocade 24K from ver 4.2.2 to 4.4.0f but continually received the following error:--

<BR>Firmwaredownload failed on Standby CP. (0x12) Can't access package list (.plist) file.<BR><BR>and<BR><BR>Cannot download Pfile<BR>--

Regular Contributor

Re: Firmware download failed (0x12) Can't access package list (.plist) file

I had this way back in the day and have switched to a Linux ftp server now. The way I got around this was to put all the files in the same root directory and it worked for me. Sounds like you're having a connectivity problem though. Sorry I can't be more help.

Occasional Contributor

Problem has been resolved.....turned out to be exact same problem as one of the other threads on this site. I could ping all IPs (Switch IP and both CP's) but I couldn't telnet to the standby CP (telnet to active CP and switch worked fine). I tried changing the IP on the standby CP and refreshing the IP but that didn't resolve the telnet problem. Cheers

Occasional Contributor

Do the docs for v4.4.0f say you can upgrade directly from v4.2.2? Are there any patches inbetween? I think i had a similar problem last year and i had to run it a patch before the version i wanted would work.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.