Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Firmware compatablity matrix

We are planning to upgrade Switch firmware .We have Multi vendor servers and storage arrays.We want to check the compatablity matrix for Switch firmware , Storage firmware and HBA firmware.Please help me how can I check this  ?

Thanks

Thiru

Super Contributor

Re: Firmware compatablity matrix

See the Brocade Compatibility Matrix, here under Matrices

http://www.brocade.com/products-solutions/technology-architecture/compatibility/index.page

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

Super Contributor

you are on the right way to check the compatibility matrix,

pls note: read the release notes also.check the firmware bios version, driver version of the HBAs, also before upgrading the FOS, check with ur storage vendor to upgarde the microcode, multipathing SW.

Contributor

thirunavukkarasu.t,

I think you should ask storage vendor to check the firmware compatablity matrix.

Super Contributor

pls find attached the one, but only HBA driver version you can find , rest you can ask ur storage vendor for multipathing SW version too. BTW you have to ask th e storage vendor regarding microcode of the storage also.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks to all  for your valuable reply.

Is there any tool to do the firmware anlysis for  heterogeneous SAN environment.?

I know HP is having a tool called SAN Expert ,but it is only for HP products

Super Contributor

Brocade's SAN Health will help you. It is a tool freely downloaded from brocade site and if run for  certain time , uploaded in to brocade site and will give you comprehensive report and vision diagram. BTW what firware analysis do you want to do? DCFM/FM will help you too.

Pls mark the thread

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.