Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Fabric OS Rev?

What version of the Fabric OS have you found most stable? What are you running in production?

Regular Contributor

Re: Fabric OS Rev?

We're running 4.0.2b and it's running great. 176 days uptime and the last time they went down was due to the upgrade to current rev.We are currently looking at upgrading to 4.1.1 in October to fix this issue and take advantage of a few new features.

Occasional Contributor

Did you say you have root access to your switches? looks like i'm gonna have to have a talk with our MTI rep. <GRIN>

Regular Contributor

Sure. Just type root as the user instead of admin and you can login as root. When you changed your password the first time you logged in you would have changed the root password also. Let me know if you have trouble getting the root password.

Occasional Contributor

I spoke to our MTI tech rep. (We bought our Brocade 12K's via MTI) he said he'll check into allowing us to have root access. I figure next time I do a firmware upgrade I'll just set these passwords myself. (currently, I only haveIs there a factory default for the "root" account?

Regular Contributor

Check your email. I sent you the default password I know.

Occasional Contributor

Ron. YOU ARE THE MAN!JP

Occasional Contributor

I use 4.1 on both of my 12k for almost 3 months and everything seems to be ok till now...

Occasional Contributor

4.1 is the way to go. Besides being stable, also has hotcode load and reduced RSCN's = less fabric reconfigurations when things change in the fabric.Pointy

New Contributor

We had no problems with 4.0.2c, but there are a few helpful features in 4.1:- ntp

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.