Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Fabric OS 5.X Downloads?

I have a 200E switch running version 5.0.1b and would like to upgrade to version 6.2.2g. My understanding is that I need to go from 5.0.x -> 5.1.x -> 5.2.x -> 5.3.x etc. The problem I have is that when I go looking for the 5.x downloads I dont see any, the earliest I can download are 6.0.x.

Valued Contributor

Re: Fabric OS 5.X Downloads?

Hi,

In order to get access to those old releases you'll probably need to have an active maintenance contract with the switch vendor. If so, open a case with them and ask for the FOS releases.

In case you cannot engage the switch vendor, the only option is to google for the versions you may need in case they're hosted somewhere... because I personally don't have access to any old version...

good luck!

New Contributor

I was able to get the older versions from a Brocade SE. It's a shame that Brocade does not keep those older version available for download.

External Moderator

Hi mgalloway,

--->>I was able to get the older versions from a Brocade SE. 

that fine.

--->>It's a shame that Brocade does not keep those older version available for download.

in some point you are right, however all this plattforms are EOL and End of Support, thi sis the reason that such package are not longer for download available.

however:

have they ever asked at Cisco for a firmware package ? no matter if for a old or news Switches Models.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.