Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

FOS upgrade on 48000's from 6.0.0b to 6.x.x

Hi all,

Just a small question, need to upgrade 4x 48000's at a customer DC's.

They are currently running FOS v 6.0.0b and i was wondering what would be the recommended FOS release to upgrade too concidering that these Directors aren't brand new and that maybe there are newer technologies within the latest FOS that wont be available on that hardware.

Also, how does a straight "FirmwareDownload" command behaves on Directors, does it reboot the complete switch or CP after CP's?? Otherwise i'd go for FirmwareDownlad -s -n which gives me control onto the process but will be rather time consumming.

Thanks for any inputs,

best regards,

dbd

Super Contributor

Re: FOS upgrade on 48000's from 6.0.0b to 6.x.x

We are by 6.4.1 and indead 6.0.0 is pretty Old.

But before you begin with such experience and Upgrade the FOS Check at Triple Time and make sure all Storage equipment at the customer side e.g. Array Controller Microsode, HBA Firmware and Drivers etc, are compatible and Up-to-date with the New FOS Release.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.
I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank you.

New Contributor

Yes indeed, you're right it is what i'm currently working on, i'm actually the Storage vendor for that customer.

Actually 6.4.1 is not really requiered, my question was more about does it make any sense to update those Directors with the latest available FOS?

But is there really any potentiality that from 6.0.x to 6.4.x there would be connectivity issues on older HBA's / Drivers and things like that ?

Will check our streams internally. On the Storage ends, the Arrays are all running their latest possible FW.

Do you might know if Brocade are publishing any streams of what is supported and what's not concerning their latest FOS ?

Thanks,

regards,

dbd

Super Contributor

--->>> Do you might know if Brocade are publishing any streams of what is supported and what's not concerning their latest FOS ?

Yes, in the Compatibility Matrix, follow this Link and Select Matrices

http://www.brocade.com/solutions-technology/technology/compatibility/index.page

--->>> But is there really any potentiality that from 6.0.x to 6.4.x there would be connectivity issues on older HBA's / Drivers and things like that ?

potentiality, is a little high definition.... but in latest 6.3 and 6.4 are diverse NEW Feature and Brocade bring back diverse function in 6.2.x wich was be removed in preview release.

--->>>....was more about does it make any sense to update those Directors with the latest available FOS?

I'm not sure...... but i think for the 48000 is ending here by 6.4.x maybe any 6.5.x, i dn't think this will be supported by FOS 7.x

what i want to say, that make sense to stay Up-to-date if is necessary...

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.