Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

FM FTP server

The FTP server works well for downloading firmware to the switches, but how can I configure it for supportsave operations? No matter what username/password I use, the connection is being refused.

External Moderator

Re: FM FTP server

ewilts:username and password is the username and password you give the FTP server and no from the switch.

TechHelp24
Contributor

How do I configure the username/passwords for the FTP server? .../Ed

External Moderator

uername/password must be configured in the FTP example 2003 Server or windows 2000 Server / Prof / or WinXP whit installed IIS and the FTP Option, or another FTP Server Linux, Unix etc.... otherview supportsave can not collect the data and write this in the appropriate ftp folder.

TechHelp24
Contributor

But Fabric Manager has a built-in server! Can it not be used? .../Ed

External Moderator

TechHelp24
Contributor

And this takes us back to my first question.... Using the FM built-in FTP server, how do I configure a username/password that supportsave can use to save the files on to the FM server? .../Ed

Contributor

1. Make sure that FabMan is set to use the built in FTP Server - Configuration > FM Options > Server Specific > File Transfer- Alastair

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.