Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

FCIP-Tunnel of BR7800 is downed. If BR7800 is not rebooted, Tunnel does not restore.

Hi

Recently, I am embarrassed because there are a lot of troubles of BR7800.

The event to which Tuunel is downed by BR7800 occurs by 7 users. The GE port is online.

One user's Exsample:

switchName: FCR0     
switchType: 83.3     
switchState: Online        
switchMode: Native     
switchRole: Principal     
switchDomain: 1     
switchId: fffc01      
zoning:  ON  
switchBeacon: OFF     
FC Router: OFF     
FC Router BB Fabric ID: 1     
Address Mode: 0     

Index Port Address Media Speed State     Proto      
==============================================      

16  16   011000   --    --   Offline     VE        
 17  17   011100   --    --   Offline     VE        
 18  18   011200   --    --   Offline     VE  Disabled (Persistent)       
 19  19   011300   --    --   Offline     VE  Disabled (Persistent)       
 20  20   011400   --    --   Offline     VE  Disabled (Persistent)       
 21  21   011500   --    --   Offline     VE  Disabled (Persistent)       
 22  22   011600   --    --   Offline     VE  Disabled (Persistent)       
 23  23   011700   --    --   Offline     VE  Disabled (Persistent)       
     ge0  id    1G   Online    FCIP       
     ge1  id    1G   Online    FCIP       
     ge2  id    1G   No_Light  FCIP       
     ge3  id    1G   No_Light  FCIP       
     ge4  id    1G   No_Light  FCIP       
     ge5  --    1G   No_Module FCIP       

Even if do the reboot of the device on the WAN side, FCIP-Tunnel does not restore. When did the reboot of BR7800, Tunnel became online.
The user is doubting the problem of BR7800. The cause is not understood though supportsave is analyzed. FOS is various with v6.4, v7.1, v7.3.

There might temporarily have been a problem in the network in the user environment. If abnormality is found on the network side, does FCIP-Tunnel become a situation in which BR7800 needs rebooting?

Brocade Moderator

Re: FCIP-Tunnel of BR7800 is downed. If BR7800 is not rebooted, Tunnel does not restore.

Hello,

This need extra troubleshooting for find the root cause of this issue.

The best is to take supportsaves of both concerned units prior to reboot the switches.

If you have already valid supportsaves, could be good to open a support ticket.

Do you have already open a ticket to support?

Does those units are supported by an OEM?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Re: FCIP-Tunnel of BR7800 is downed. If BR7800 is not rebooted, Tunnel does not restore.

[ Edited ]

Several resolution of defects around FCIP tunnels are fixed into FOS 7.3.1d and 7.4.1d (see release notes).

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

We wish to express our gratitude for the answer.
Up to now, I have been requesting the investigation to the support of Brocade. However, the cause has not been clarified from supportsave.
The support is recommended to apply latest FOS to me. But, if the cause is not understood, it is difficult to upgrade the firmware.

Concretely, please teach to me if there is Defect that needs the reload of BR7800.

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

There are several defects fixed and listed into 7.4.1d release (release note) where workaround you apply (reset the switch) may match. Defect #604324, 578927, 584796, 548713, 558611, 562473, 566666, 519709, 526447, 542559 and others potentially.

So I'm thinking this is a high number of potentials defects and resolutions for migrate your current FOS version to 7.4.1d version.

New Contributor

Thank you for the answer. I examine the upgrade of the firmware.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.