Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

FABOS V5.30a - Web Tools JScript Compilation error

We just installed a 48000 running V5.3.0a Fabric OS. When we launch Web Tools from our laptops, we get a "Microsoft JScript compilation error", Expected ';' popup box. Running the recommended Java 1.5.0-06. Anyone know a fix for this problem?

External Moderator

Re: FABOS V5.30a - Web Tools JScript Compilation error

Install Java 1.6 and the problem is solved.Bevore, deinstall all old Java release

TechHelp24
Contributor

I just tried the 1.6.0 but got the same error -- thanks for trying <!graemlin:Smiley Happy>

External Moderator

Hi dmd,This procedure must work.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Hello again -Thank you for sending this procedure -- I just tried it but got the same error. The problem appears to be isolated to V5.3.0a -- we have no problem with other switches on V5.2.0b on any java release.

External Moderator

dmd,If you have access to newest release FOS v5.3.0c update it.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

I have been getting this same error and found out that the issue in my case was the Java Proxy settings. I manually input the Proxy info in the Java console (control panel; Java; Network Settings). This allowed FM to load without error, but I was unable to connect to any of the switch web interfaces. The error does not come up and I can connect to any switch web interface.

Contributor

Yahoo! You fixed the java problem -- thank you so much. I still get one error though "User is not authorized to access this module." This comes up before the login pop-up. Have you seen this problem?<!graemlin:Smiley Happy>

Occasional Contributor

Glad to help! That was a really annoying problem.Haven't seen the other message. If you check the "Server Management Console" are you seeing all of the components starting successfully?

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.