Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

Exporting configuration with no access to network

I have a brocade 200e switch that will not connect to the network to upload it's config to a ftp server. I have checked all the network settings and they are correct, it can ping itself, but nothing else on the network. I've even tried connecting a computer directly to the switch and assiging the IP information. Nothing.

I have a replacement switch to put in it's place, but I don't have a way of pulling the configuration off the old one. This is a problem because I did not configure the old one, so I have no idea how to set up the replacement.

Is there anyway I can save the configuration locally as a .txt file and then open it locally on the switch to manually copy the configuration?

I'm open to any other ideas as well.

Thanks for the help in advance.

External Moderator

Re: Exporting configuration with no access to network

@dcusher2006

have you established a connectivity Trough the serial Port, to check why the LAN Management port is not working ?

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Re: Exporting configuration with no access to network

@dcusher2006

From serial console, you can output the configuration of the switch with 'configshow' or 'configshow -all' (if you are at FOS 6.2).

Either pipe the output to more to read it a page at at time and/or capture the output on the serial confile in a file config.txt

Then checking the file against the output on the console before downloading the same file on your replacement switch via configdownload from the ftp server (after updating FOS to the same version).

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.