Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Error finding AD type: -6:

Hello Guys,

Have you had a case where Brocade SAN Switch 4/32 running FOS v6.4.2b return the error message:

rbash: .: /etc/fabos/profile: cannot execute binary file
sqlite3_exec error: 26 file is encrypted or is not a database
error in creating cmd table

Error finding AD type: -6:

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

External Moderator

Re: Error finding AD type: -6:

I've never see any such error in the past, however AD stay for Admin Domain.

Q:

Is probable the switch was configure in AD mode and later AD was remove/disable ? 

TechHelp24
New Contributor

No the switch has not been configured to work in AD mode and later removed/disabled.

Any other ideas what could have caused that?

Super Contributor

Greetings blagoy.hristov.  HP support has a predefined escalation path into Brocade support.  Scenarios such as what you've shared and described, sometimes require having access to a bit more then most have access too on the forums (ie bug db) and for this reason, I'd recommend, if this is a customer scenario, and HP support has exhausted its internal resources, then it sounds like this is a good candidate for an escalation to Brocade. 

If this is not an customer issue you are working (and perhaps you've seen this internally to HP) and are asking if the Brocade community has seen this, TechHelp24 is our #1 contributor and has an extremely high level of exposure to troubleshooting.  So if he hasn't heard of this and I myself have done some digging (didn't find anything), chances are this is a situation that needs to be reported.  I would assume you have an internal process for that as well.

All the best...

Regards,

Mike Eversole
Brocade Community Manager
External Moderator

If you say AD was not configured, I would try follow:

do "firmwaredownload" however with the same release v6.4.2b, and no other release !

is probable a file is corrupted - I guess - due defective in CF = Compact Flash.

keep in mind, should I'm right - I hope for you I'm wrong - , in a case the Switch is active under maintenance, you should as mentioned by Mike open a call by HP ASAP.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

I already opened a support case with HP and we might try firmwaredownload with the same release too.

Thanks for you help.

I will let you know if we resolve the issue and how it was resolved One option which I was offered was switch restart which I was not really happy with. But we will see how is it going.

External Moderator

blagoy,

I'm happy to hear that HP confirmed as first step to do that what i suggest in my post.

->I already opened a support case with HP and we might try firmwaredownload with the same release too.

please let me know how to proceed.

thanks

Antonio

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Thank you Mike for comment.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.