Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

ERROR I2C DCX

Hello,

I have the following error "2017/02/03-01:51:48:818966, [PLAT-5042], 7568/0, SLOT 6 | CHASSIS, INFO, Port blade I2C reset Slot 1(5,8,12)" on different DCX in our SAN.

The DCX have a FOS 7.3.1a.

Slot Blade Type ID Model Name Status
--------------------------------------------------
1 SW BLADE 51 FC8-48 ENABLED
2 UNKNOWN VACANT
3 UNKNOWN VACANT
4 UNKNOWN VACANT
5 CORE BLADE 52 CORE8 ENABLED
6 CP BLADE 50 CP8 ENABLED
7 CP BLADE 50 CP8 ENABLED
8 CORE BLADE 52 CORE8 ENABLED
9 UNKNOWN VACANT
10 UNKNOWN VACANT
11 UNKNOWN VACANT
12 SW BLADE 51 FC8-48 ENABLED

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Maria

Brocade Moderator

Re: ERROR I2C DCX

Hello,

Have you got specific production issue or just the message?

This message can come when CPU is very busy.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

I don't have yeat the problem production, but only the messages on different switch DCX....

Brocade Moderator

Hello,

The message displayed is an informal message only and system performance is not impacted by the device reset. The operation is eventually retried and successful.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Indicates that the FRUs I2C bus has been reset since there was problem access a device on the bus
This message does not by-itself indicate problem, and is only captured to be a true "breadcrumb" indicating that bus reset was required. I2C bus resets are common, and the FOS will always re-drive any failed requests.
This message is being removed in FOS 7.4.x I bealive  as it has no actionable meaning

New Contributor

Thanks!!!!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.