Here is my license on my switch.

DEV1SW300:admin> licenseshow

9ydc9RR9AFedAM:

First Ports on Demand license - additional 8 port upgrade license

9ydc9RR9AFidAQ:

Full Ports on Demand license - additional 16 port upgrade license

BNZTtEHFfXXTQJtAPW3PQSAED94t33CQBAHSL:

8 Gig FC license

I have tried removing and readding the licenses after rebooting the switch.  This switch is plugged into a newer 8GB FC 300 switch and all worked fine up till friday when I did a complete 6.4.2 upgrade to get all 8 of my switches on the same FOS.  Now I have two switches that both have this message and will no longer connect up to the fabric.

What do I need to do?

Super Contributor

Re: E port Segmented No Fabric License

Hi,

did you have seen this thread:

http://community.brocade.com/message/16410#16410

Try to find out if this is an option for you.

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

Yes I saw this thread but it was not helpful as it did not work for me.

Strange thing is that since I upgraded all my switches to 6.4.2, where they all talked before, now they do not.  Not all my switches according to DELL came with a Fabric license, but this should not keep them from talking to each other.

Any other ideas?

My core switch that all my other switches are plugged into is a new 8GB SW300 switch with the following licenses:

RyeSbQzyz9SzfTcm:
    Fabric license
dz9dzSQeQe0Ee0p:
    Second Ports on Demand license - additional 8 port upgrade license
dz9dzSQeQeGEe05:
    Full Ports on Demand license - additional 16 port upgrade license
TBgtgQGmDED4DFrJEMJ9KmGTZ9DQPYNTB7M4B:
    Enhanced Group Management license
3DY9ALY977GS4JaAFRmSfSaKJKTEBf3aBJaGP:
    8 Gig FC license

All the switches talked to this core switch just fine before I upgraded to 6.4.2 FOS.

QUESTION - Is Brocade now requiring a Fabric License to allow the switches to talk to each other with this FOS version?  If so when did they instigate this so I can back down to the version that does not require it?  I just need to get my fabric working again.  No where in the realease notes does it say I would loose connectivity.

Super Contributor

Why does the access Gateway do not work for you?

I have no experience with the licening of these entry switches at FOS 6.4.2 because we have mostly director class switches.

I know that some small boxes are avaliable as a so called "value line" which allows 2 or 4 switches in a fabric but not more. If more switches are present each of them needs a Full Fabric license.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

Occasional Contributor

The weird thing is that when I put the switches into Access Gateway, I expect them to come up and talk.  Yet after you commit and it reboots, the switch comes up but all the ports are blinking yellow/orange color and are stated as U.  I get no connections or zoning or anything.  At this point, I am planning on rolling all switches back to their original FOS and just continue to run a mixed FOS setup till I can find out why a standardize FOS on the switches cause loss of connectivity.

Thanks all,

Super Contributor

Hi,

this looks like an issue what you can solve.

Did you have read the AccessGateway Guide?

Did you know that the ports between AccessGateway and SAN switch will act as N_Port (on the Access Gateway switch) and F_Port with NPIV (on the SAN switch side) enabled and not act as E-Ports? You may have to change some settings on the affected ports with portcfg... command.

I assume that you have some configuration issues.

If you need further assist, let me know.

Therefore I need the portcfgshow output aswell the errdump output.

Andreas

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.