Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

Do i have to reconfigure port on DCX if i change sfp from single mode to multimode?

[ Edited ]

My existing use Single mode SFP connect between DCX and ADVA DWDM. But new DWDM have multimode SFP so DCX side have to use Multimode SFP also. Is this configuration possible ? if possible ,do i have to configure on port? 

Existing port configuration set LD mode Thanks..

Brocadian

Re: Do i have to reconfigure port on DCX if i change sfp from single mode to multimode?

It should not require any configuration change for changing SFP type from LW to SW.

But you should review the buffer credit setting on that port. And Brocade recommends LS for best practice as LD calculates the buffer credit assignment based on full frame data which may not reflect the actual usage.

Contributor

Re: Do i have to reconfigure port on DCX if i change sfp from single mode to multimode?

Hi,

Usually you should fix as many setting as possible. We recommend Speed to be fixed and LS mode.

If you have the buffers available, try using twice the credits ( e.g. use LS for 100km instead a real 50km)

Regards

Uli

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.