Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Director Switch DC04(HP Branded)

Hi

We had a DC04 turn up with 2 CPs, 2 CRs, and 2 48 port switches to replace our current 2x32port power pack switches that are nearing end of warranty, and I need to seperate each physical switch into a virtual fabric. The director is running fos 6.2.0d and arrived already licensed.

I have been looking around the Web tools and cannot find an option to config or turn this feature on.

Any help would be appreciated.

External Moderator

Re: Director Switch DC04(HP Branded)

Nicholas,

--->>> and I need to seperate each physical switch into a virtual fabric.

--->>>....and cannot find an option to config or turn this feature on.

from command line whit the command "fosconfig" -enable Operand vs, can you set the switch in Virtual Fabric mode.

For exact details refer the Command Reference Manuals.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Virtual Fabrics cannot be configured or managed from Web Tools. Configuration and management

is done from either the Data Center Management Program (DCFM), or the Fabric OS command line interface.

For information about configuring and managing Virtual Fabrics, refer to the DCFM User Manual.

Here can you download the Free DCFM Professional Edition, and Trial Pro+ and Enterprise.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=de&cc=de&prodNameId=3883061&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3687189&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

TechHelp24
External Moderator

...and Finally,

in order to Admin Virtual Fabric trough the WebTools you need to Purchase DCFM ProfessionalPlus or Enterprise.

DCFM Professional for Free, don't support VF.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.