Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Difference between CP states: healthy, warm recovered, cold recovered, healthy.

Friends,

1) Could you please explain me the meaning and difference of the CP states: healthy, warm recovered & cold recovered. ?

2) Are there any more CP states other than above. If so, what and what do they mean?

3) Should ideally both CP be in "healthy" state?. Does a warm recovery or cold recovery mean that CP is in unhealthy state?

4) One of the CP is currently in "warm recovered" state, how do i bring it to "healthy" state?

hashow tells me that other CP is healthy and overall the cp is in sync and active. These questions are in regards to brocade 48k.

Thank you very much.

Eric.

Super Contributor

Re: Difference between CP states: healthy, warm recovered, cold recovered, healthy.

In healthy state.

New Contributor

Re: Difference between CP states: healthy, warm recovered, cold recovered, healthy.

Hi Eric

I too noticed a similar scenario with some of our DCX switches upon being nosey one day....I done some digging and believe that the recovery state is from the most recent HA failover e.g. Non disruptive failover (warm recovery) and disruptive failover (cold recovery).....I would potentially errshow -r to look back and try to ascertain why you had a disruptive failover...( I am not aware of other states other than healthy, warm and cold......) - as for questions 3 and 4....as stated above, I would dig into why it cold started and believe that it is healthy (it's just showing the status of the last failover) - they key for me would be that the end of the hashow output clearly states :

HA enabled, Heartbeat up, HA state syncronised.....

I hope this helps

Regards

Dan

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.