Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Degradacion de Fabric OS de 6.3.0c a 6.2.0e

===================

=== ESPAÑOL =======

===================

Hola Comunidad;

Tengo una situación con un Brocade 249824E y estoy en una carrera contra reloj con esto.

Por estos días estoy montando una solución de storage basado en Fibra, tengo dos switches de la misma referencia obviamente con la siguiente diferencia:

Brocade #1> Fabric OS 6.2.0e

Brocade #2> Fabric OS 6.3.0c

Necesito hacer una degradación de Sistema Operativo, pero cuando lo intento dice que no puede hacerlo, exactamente asi:

=========================================================================================

The following item(s) need to be addressed before downloading the specified firmware:

Downgrade is not allowed because one or more of the areas assigned is greater than the maximun number of physical ports on the plataform. Please user "portaddress --show" to display the areas currently assigned and "--unbind and --bind" to bind and area bellow max_phy_ports.

Firmwaredownload Failed.

=========================================================================================

Le agradecería a quien pudiera darme si quiera una luz de lo que se trata.

Muchas Gracias

====================

=== ENGLISH =========

====================

Hello  Community;

I have a situation with a  Brocade 249824E and I'm in a race against time with this.

These  days I'm riding a storage solution based on fiber, I have two switches  of the same reference obviously with this difference:

Brocade # 1> Fabric OS  6.2.0e

Brocade  # 2> Fabric OS 6.3.0c

Degradation need to make a OS, but when  I try it says it can not do it, exactly like this:

====================================================================================

The  following item (s) need to be addressed before downloading the  specified firmware:

Downgrade is not allowed Because one or more of  the areas assigned is greater than the maximun number of physical ports  on the plataform. Please user "portaddress - show" to display  the currently assigned areas and "- unbind and - bind" to bind and area  bellow max_phy_ports.

Firmwaredownload Failed.

====================================================================================

I would be  grateful to anyone who could give me if you want a light question.

Thank  you very much

POSD: I'm  sorry, I've switched to English the post. ThanK You.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Degradacion de Fabric OS de 6.3.0c a 6.2.0e

Hello cbetancur,

Please post your question in English so all other members can read and answer.

Thanks

Venkatesh

External Moderator

--->>>.....with a  Brocade 249824E....

this switch is unknown to me.

please try switchshow from command line and post the result from the line SwitchType.

--->>>>Degradation need to make a OS...

do you want to Downgrade the FOS ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi ... Sorry

Switch Type is 71.2. 249824E is another reference.

External Moderator

Switch Type 71 is the Brocade 300 see follow DOC

and Supported by FOS 6.2

If you want to downgrade from 6.3 to 6.2, start with "firmwaredownload" command from Command Lince Interface.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Thank all ......

I'm doing the update to the switch number two to FOS 6.3.0c, and I update HBA card.

Thank you Again.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.