Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

DS5100b lots of er_bad_os and still increasing

HI All , I believe this has been answered previously but i am still not able to fix it at my end.

We got Brocade B5100  and we have Tape library . All the tape drive ports supports 8G and my other device which communicated with them are 4G.

I see tons of er_bad_os on all tape library ports and other ports as well. As per emc primus emc228910 its issue with 8G devices and then given below solution. I applied it . All were looking good for some time but after few days i am encountering same errors again.

Our backup running slow , i believe this is causing it.

I applied another workaround . As this is issue with 8G devices , i set all 8G drive ports to 4G (using portcfgspeed). Again all were looking good for some time but again same issue

Any help appreciated. I logged a case with EMC but they gave me same primus.

----------

Issue portcfgfillword command against port where 8Gb device is to be attached.

In FOS 6.3.1 and above there are now the following options when using the portcfgfillword CLI command:

0 | -idle-idle Sets IDLE mode in the Link Init and IDLE as the fill word (default).

1 | -arbff-arbff Sets ARB(ff) in the Link Init and ARB(ff) as the fill word.

2 | -idlef-arbff Sets IDLE mode in the Link Init and ARB(ff) as the fill word.

3 | -aa-then-ia Attempts hardware arbff-arbff (mode 1) first. If the attempt fails to go into active state, this command executes software idle-arb (mode 2). Mode 3 is the preferable to modes 1 and 2 as it captures more cases..

------------------

I used Mode 3 with portcfgfillword command . My FOS is 6.3.1a

Valued Contributor

Re: DS5100b lots of er_bad_os and still increasing

were you able to fix this?

did you try to replace the sfp/cable or move the fiber to a different port?

Occasional Contributor

Re: DS5100b lots of er_bad_os and still increasing

I would like to close this but yes there still no fix but my backup is not getting affected.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.