Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

DS5000 Factory Default

hello

I sure this has been asked a thousand times, I have a DS5000, and we have lost the Passwords, If I press Esc at the start of the boot up I get 3 Options

1) Start system.
2) Recover password.
3) Enter command shell

I have selected Option 3

I then ran the command

resetpw

Still unable to factory default the unit

if I select Option 2 it asks for a password which I do not know, Is there away to Factory Default the unit, I know how to do it once logged in but I can't login as the deafult passwords don not work,

Any help or advice please

Valued Contributor

Re: DS5000 Factory Default

Easiest way is to merge your switch in a fabric with known passwords.

Once merged distibute the password db *(done from the switch you have access to) .

Command is distribute -p PWD which your switch will accept by default, if not someone adjusted the security policies and you can use options outlined in the doc.

Option 3 puts you on the bootloader env. But FOS isn't loaded at that moment.

But there is an option to start your switch in single user mode.

Once in SU mode you can reset every password you wish.

However to get in SU mode is a bit tricky.

If you're up for it, take look at this DOC http://community.brocade.com/docs/DOC-1644

Unfortunatly the formatting has been removed so references to pages are tricky as well.

Just read the part that applies to you carefully then decide whether or not you want to continue.

I've done this a couple of times now and succedded every time.

Contributor

Re: DS5000 Factory Default

Hi and thanks for the reply

I followd the information, like you said it is a bit tricky, but it worked

many thanks

Phil

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.