Fibre Channel (SAN)

ng
New Contributor

DCXA%3AFID128%3Aadmin%3E hashow%0D%0ALocal CP %28Slot 6%2C CP0%29%3A Active%2C Warm Recovering%0D%0ARemote CP

iam upgrading my san switch from v7.0.1d to v7.1.2a and at the end of the firmware upgrade ,i got the below message

DCXA:FID128:admin> hashow
Local CP (Slot 6, CP0): Active, Warm Recovering
Remote CP (Slot 7, CP1): Standby, Faulted
HA enabled, Heartbeat Up, HA State not in sync

I was unable to run any command on the switch,but when i check firmwareshow,its shows firmware upgrade successful.

As their is other switch connected to it,ISL have been lost.how can i make sure this director class switch is working

As per my knowledge it had two CP's ,if one of the CP fails ,the other should take care but how can i make things happen with othe rworking CP,help pls

Valued Contributor

Re: DCXA%3AFID128%3Aadmin%3E hashow%0D%0ALocal CP %28Slot 6%2C CP0%29%3A Active%2C Warm Recovering%0D%0ARemote CP

Since you say that the connected switch has lost the ISL, I suspect that the problem switch has really failed. What port status you see on the connected switch? I mean, on the port that used to be ISL to the problem switch. Is it No_Light, or No_Sync, or what?
Did you try running hadisable?
Do you have physical access to the problem switch? Can you check both CPs using the RS232 console? Or maybe you can try logging in to the standby CP over IP? If it doesn't respond anyway, could you power it off using the plastic lever?
ng
New Contributor

Re: DCXA%3AFID128%3Aadmin%3E hashow%0D%0ALocal CP %28Slot 6%2C CP0%29%3A Active%2C Warm Recovering%0D%0ARemote CP

Hi alexey,

iam thanks for ur response.

After many fed up calls with IBM and they didnt respond at all

so i went ahead and issued the command reboot( as none of the commands in the director)

After successful reboot,both the CP's were recovered and i was able to issue all the commands and both the CP's are in sync and all the ISL's established between this Core DCX and edge switch

When i went through the switch logs,i found,CP was panic and auto-reboot was disabled and mentioned as manual reboot is requried

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.