Fibre Channel (SAN)

DCX snmpv3 solarwinds configuration

I am unable to discover dcx switches in solarwinds via snmpv3 protocol. The devices are discovered just fine while using snmv1.I have tried almost all the setttings, ro/rw users, authentication /no authentication , priv/no priv, different ports but to no avail.However, Connectrix manager seems to have no trouble discovering devices using snmpv3.

User (ro): [snmpuser1]
Auth Protocol [MD5(1)/SHA(2)/noAuth(3)]: (1..3) [1]
New Auth Passwd:
Priv Protocol [DES(1)/noPriv(2)/AES128(3)/AES256(4)]): (1..4) [2]
Engine ID: [80:00:06:34:03:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:e0]

UserIndex: (1..6) [4]
Trap recipient Severity level : (0..5) [4]
Trap recipient Port : (0..65535) [162]
Trap Recipient's IP address : [0.0.0.0]
Trap Recipient's IP address : [192.168.55.154]

Brocade Moderator

Re: DCX snmpv3 solarwinds configuration

Hi snkj,

what is your FOS version of your switch? Are you using virtual fabrics? Please, can you provide the output from CLI:

snmpconfig --show snmpv3

Things to check

• Matching Priv Protocol usage, so if switch set to AuthNoPriv then solaris must have use that plus specify protocol in query (in 7.4 and later).
  • If you are using virtual fabric, you must specify a context, the VF:<FID> with snmpv3
  • If you are using virtual fabric, the snmpuser (excluding the snmpuserX and snmpadminX) need to exists as user on the switch.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.