Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

DCX GUI Login is Failing with "Invalid Password" but works in CLI

Hi,   Yesterday I could log into my DCX switch without problem both via CLI and the Web interface.  Today I can log into it via the CLI, but when I try to log in via the web interface using the same login info it says "Invalid Password". 

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to figure out what changed?  Im wondering if someone accidentailly changed the login settings, But I dont know where to look.  Any help appreciated.

I'm running FOS 6.4.1a

Occasional Contributor

Re: DCX GUI Login is Failing with "Invalid Password" but works in CLI

Well, I was able to resolve my issue by doing a 'hafailover'.  After that the authentication worked again.  I got the idea from this guys post who had hit the same issue.

http://ultrasub.nl/2010/05/31/brocade-dcx-webtools-authentication-problem/

Super Contributor

I have seen that a hafailover worked only for the first loging at our side. We had the same symptoms but we use RADIUS and local as backup.

Check the releasenotes of 6.4.1b because of DEFECT000288021.

I have instellded 6.4.1b and now login is possible via Webtools without any pain.

I hope this helps,

Andreas

New Contributor

I had the same thing happen on multiple DCX-4S switches running 6.4.1a. Issuing 'hafailover' on each of them fixed it. Glad I found this thread!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.