03-11-2014 07:00 AM
We have tried to get this switch in sync by repeating the firmwaredownload command ( incl -s cmd) and its not cooperating. Is there any other process to get back to HA SYNC? This is a live environment. The other switch is running OS v7.0.2c.
03-15-2014 09:40 AM
too few details to help... so i imagine you have a dcx running on fos 7.0.2 (already too old) and you have a defect on one of the cp cards. the new spare cp that arrived is on fos 6.1.2 and they do not match, do not sync etc... and the firmwareupgrade fails on the new spare cp. then try the following, this helped me in a similar situation:
1) login to the chassis/active cp an do "hadisable". this is essential, do this even if "hashow" alreday claims that "ha is out of sync".
2) login to the standby cp and do "reboot", if it wouldn't do that - login as root and do "shutdown -r now", if the cp is not responing on the lan, go rs-232 console, as the last resort - use the plastic latch to reset the power on the standby cp.
3) when the standby cp is booted, login into it and do firmwaredownload -sn (I believe -sb would also work, i just prefer to make things as safe as possible)
4) reboot the standby cp.
5) when it's up, firmwarecommit the standby cp.
note that you might need to perform steps 3-4-5 a few times with every fos version on the way between where you are and where you are going to. in your case, you might need 6.2.x, 6.3.x and 6.4.x. read the release notes to make sure wat intermediate fos levels you need.
6) when both cps are up and running on the same fos, login to the chassis/active cp and do "haenable".