Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Copy the old zoning configuration to the new switches

hello ,

customer is in the process of migrating from CX to VNX and I need some advise on the fabric side -

This is a 2 fabric design -> I need to Copy the old zoning configuration to the new switches and change the cable to the new switches.

Can any one help me understand how this  can be done on Brocade switches?

On the Old Fabric one is Mcdata( fabric A),other is Brocade(Fabric B)  but on the new both will be Brocade.Very Much appreciate if some one can elaborate how this set up can be done to accomplish the Fabric part.

What are the things i need to keep in mind and CLI commands for will be very helpful.I am doing this for the first time so appreciate the suggestion;

Thanks in advance !

Valued Contributor

Re: Copy the old zoning configuration to the new switches

How big is your environment? Maybe its just plain easier to recreate zoning by hand if there aren't that many nodes involved.

Otherwise you could configupload the old brocade switchconfig and copy the zoning bit in the new brocade fabric with configdownload.

I don't know about McData, but perhaps SANHealth and or DCFM/BNA can lent you a hand to obtain or transfer the zoning DB

Frequent Contributor

Re: Copy the old zoning configuration to the new switches

Dear Deepak,

For this task you can use the McData to Brocade zoning utility published by Venkatesh.

http://community.brocade.com/docs/DOC-1175

Best regards,

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.