10-15-2009 11:25 AM
1. Do we need to have same firmware levels to connect two brocade switches; Model IBM SAN16-B2 (2005-16B) -> brocade 200e switch?
2. Both switches have full fabric license, and domain IDs are 1 and 2.
3. Can you please provide the link to firmware for 200e and steps to upgrade?
Thanking you in advance
10-15-2009 12:19 PM
Thanks for your immediate response.
1. Is it mandatory to have same firmware levels on both switches?
2. In the admin guide, it is mentioned to provide the ftp path to firmware file as below:
But there is no file with name release.plist in the v5.0.1 folder; we have many release.plist file inside the subfolders (starting with names SWBDxx) not in the root folder. Same is the issue with 5.3.2a, 5.1.1b releases.
Can you please clarify which folder to provide for the file name for this switch (200E)?
10-15-2009 12:24 PM
--->>> Can you please clarify which folder to provide for the file name for this switch (200E)?
No folder must be selected.
release.plist is a file inside the folder and not in the folder root.
/pub/v5.x.x/release.plist ist correct
x.x is = the release you unzip in the FTP folder.
10-15-2009 12:33 PM
NO, but compatible when both swicth are in teh same Fabric.
Tell me both release exact, i will check the compatibilty.
10-15-2009 12:42 PM
Switch 1 is running ver 5.1.0c
Switch 2 is running ver 5.1.1b
Is it OK, or we need to upgrade switch 1 to 5.1.1b?