Fibre Channel (SAN)

CI
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Connecting an HP c7 chassis Upstream Brocade DS-300B Switches

We need to change our storage FC infrastructure from pt-2-pt to a more converged infrastructure.  We currently have 3 HP c7 chassis' connected to EMC and HP SAN's through dual HP AJ820B (Brocade) FC switches within each chassis.  We want dual DS300-B's at the top, connecting to each each side of each chassis.  Each switch has a unique Domain ID with NPIV enabled on all switches.  Top DS300's are automatically seeing WWN's of chassis switches and inconnect ports between the two are identified as "E ports".  Do I need to do anything more than just zone the DS300's or am I missing something? 

Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Connecting an HP c7 chassis Upstream Brocade DS-300B Switches

No that should be it.

If you want you can type "nscam" on the DS300 to see if they see the WWNs of the servers too.

CI
New Contributor

Re: Connecting an HP c7 chassis Upstream Brocade DS-300B Switches

Well, we got everything moved and the array couldn't see any servers.  In moving back to the original configuration we ended up having to reboot the brocades on the c7 chassis.  So, the next try, we'll reboot after the move and see it it takes.  I appreciate your confirmation of correct steps, though.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.