Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Connect a Mcdata to a Brocade

Hi

I have two Brocade's Silkworm 200e connected to a EMC cx4 and cx3.

We have bougt Two McData Sphereon 3232's and a EVA 5000 storageworks (this is for testing).

I want the two Mcdata's connected to my brocade's without losing the zoning configured on the brocade.

So the Brocade is leading.

Super Contributor

Re: Connect a Mcdata to a Brocade

yes, you can connect McDATA to Brocade , but you have to change the interoperative mode.

New Contributor

Yes i know, but if i change the brocade to interop 2 or 3 than the zoning will be lost.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Take a configupload , supportsave, of the SW.  zoning will not be lost but a reboot is required on Brocade SWs also.PWWN is the only way of zoning and Brocade domain IDs must be between 97 and 127 .

External Moderator

knownotall,

please note, Existing zone configurations, defined and effective, will be erased / lost
When changing From Brocade Native to McDATA Fabric or McDATA Open Fabric Mode ( 2 or 3 )

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Hi

Does anybody has a document that discribe the proper steps for connecting a McData to a Brocade?

External Moderator

Contributor

If we are migrating McData to Brocade.. When migration is complete, and Brocade is still in "interopmode 3" (Mcdata Open Fabric), what are your thoughts on leaving the Brocade in this mode, or taking another outage to change the mode back to "interopmode 0" (Brocade Native)??

I assume Administrative access & maintenance will not be impaired in any way if the Brocade is left as the only (principal) switch in the fabric.

Occasional Contributor

After final MEOS left the fabric you have to change to Brocade native, there is zone converter from MEOS to FOS

Depends the fabric or how your initiators/targets are distributed, maybe you could do LSAN's and merge only part of Brocade via Interop to old MEOS fabric

bregs

Kirkka

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.