Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor
KirkNaeve

Connect (3900) serial port to a terminal server?

I am attempting to connect the serial ports of my Brocade 3900 switches, to a Lantronix Secure Console Server. Using the Brocade supplied serial cables as a starting point, I have not found a combination of cables and crossovers that will allow my serial connections to work. They work fine when connected to my laptop's serial connection.

Occasional Contributor
sbuecker

Re: Connect (3900) serial port to a terminal server?

I'm having the exact same issues with our 48000 serial ports. Hyperterm works fine, but when I try to connect via our console switch I get nothing. If someone from Brocade is on here, could you help us find an answer to this? thanks!

Occasional Contributor
sbuecker

Kirk, I got my directors working on our console switch today. Ended up being the default mode on the ports were set to dce. Brocade serial ports seems to need them set to dte. You should be able to use stty cmd on your console switch to change --mode=dte and try again.

New Contributor
KirkNaeve

Thanks so much for figuring this out and sharing it. I won't be able to test this out until sometime next week, but I appreciate the information very much.Kirk

Occasional Contributor
nayab.rasool

Hi,

I have a Brocade 48000 Director , Please advise what kind of cable i need to use to the console port to connect my switch to pearl module , As i was using IO LAN 48CM Rolled cable to connect my CISCO switch is that the same cable can be used here ???

Thanks,

Nayab

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.