Fibre Channel (SAN)

N/A

Configuring SW 3800

We have a EMC cx400 with 4 ports, we purchased 2 Silkworm 3800 to connect all of our servers to the EMC SANS. Is there a cookbook approach documentation anywhere to the configuration and zoning of the switches. The documentation on the CD is a little vague. Would like to be able to to this in-house.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Configuring SW 3800

I don't know of any good 'how to' documentation, but you should be able to get your configuration to work without problem by following these guidelines:<!graemlin:Smiley Happy>

New Contributor

I would be curious to get some hints on your final configuration. We have a very similar installation planned later this month with one difference. On one 3800 we will use a few ports for our Netapp Filer -share a switch with a cx400. There needs to be no communication between the networks so they will be separated by zoning. Is there anything we should watch out for and what type of zoning would be recommended?

EMC "Option link" Website is an excellent source of EMC product inrofamtion. I like to add to mr. Bernd's recommendations.Also, as suggested if you are planning to use EMC Powerpath for failover, providing seprate paths make sure each Fabric switch has a zone created including the HBA and the connecting SP's world wide name.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.