Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Configure ports in the DCX, access switch point

Good morning!
Help me configure the ports in DCX.
I have a SAN director DCX, in Osasco, we have the equipment TERADA in Santana. Using DWDM Padtec 4 Gb and distance of 80 km and 30 KM. In Santana of the Parnaiba don't have any director installed.
We're having a problem IFCC in the Mainframe environment, and to improve we have fewer JOBS to mitigate this problem.

My feeling we are not using ISL's, the card from the teradata can't respond to the Host.

If I change the speed of the port to 2 GB, and or 1 GB can help in that my problem?

I can disable qos at the ports, and Setar LS with a distance of 80 km?

Valued Contributor

Re: Configure ports in the DCX, access switch point

hi! i don't have any MF experience, but from generic point of view, yes, you'd better:
- turn off QoS to stop allocating buffers to unused VCs;
- set the link distance configuration to LS;
- set the link distance to twice more than your real optical distance, i.e. if your expected distance is 30km, set the distance in port settings to 60km - this will help allocating enough buffers to transmit shorter frames, as we know that not all the frames are full size;
- lowering the link speed effectively reduces the number of frames in transit and thus helps avoiding buffer problems if they can't be solved in any other way, manual says that in some configurations you even have to decrease the speed in order to get certain distance, but i hope you won't need to do that in case you will successfully implement all the prior points.
good luck!

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.