Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Configupload ftp ports

Hello!

Because of different changes happening, it is now required to backup config files into a different ftp server, thing is, it's on port 5000.

Now, when I try to backup the files, switch wont accept xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000 or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 5000

I know it's kinda stupid but thats the requirement set, can't change the ftp port and has to be done that way for the moment

Any ideas?

thnx in advance

Super Contributor

Re: Configupload ftp ports

Hello Roberto,

I have not seen an official option to change the FTP port. You have the option to use secureCopy "scp" to upload your config in a secure way.

Andreas

Super Contributor

Try through UNIX server FTP/SCP

Occasional Contributor

Thnx for the replies, however i think you guys missed the part where I mentioned ftp was the only option.

I know the alternatives, and it's actually gonna chance to probably scp, but for now there is no other choice.

Just trying to find work arounds, thnx tho

Super Contributor

roberto,

please help me to understand your issue:

you open the Thread as

Configupload ftp ports

and post

...it is now required to backup config files into a different ftp server, thing is, it's on port 5000.

...Now, when I try to backup the files, switch wont accept....

FTP Port ( as default 21 ) or another port will not be collect in the i.e. "backupfilename.txt"

My opinion, - I've never test this before-,

your have to add / create with ipfilter a new policy - rule.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.