Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Configdownload fails with SNMP issue

We are completely replacing a FC5022 switch in an IBM Flex Chassis with the same make/model switch.  We backed up the config prior to replacement and are now having issues when trying to do a configdownload after replacement.  We get the following error:

** snmp.snmpv3Usm.0.usmAuthProtocol.default:3                 Invalid Value
** snmp.snmpv3Usm.0.usmPrivProtocol.default:2                 Invalid Value

Process function of configdownload failed for filter snmp, lrc = -1

When I do a configshow -a, I don't see those values in the config on the new switch.  Anyone have any ideas how we can quickly get around this?

Valued Contributor

Re: Configdownload fails with SNMP issue

Hi,

you can try to edit the config file before performing the configdownload and delete those snmp entries

rgds

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I did end up editing the config to remove those entries and the configdownload then worked; however, I'm now having an issue where I can't discover these new switches in Network Advisor and am wondering if these lines are needed for some reason (I opened a new discussion for that issue).  These lines do show up in my other switches when I do a configshow -a.  I can't figure out how to alter the config on the system to have these lines in there.  You'd think that a configdownload would just overwrite the config, but it doesn't.  Is there a way to manually edit the running config on a switch?

Valued Contributor

Hi,

please paste here the output of snmpconfig --show snmpv3

which of those users are you using to discover the switchs? I think that those entries are associated to SNMPv3 user 1, so you could try with a different user and/or try to recreate the snmpconfig with: snmpconfig --default snmpv3

Rgds,

Felipon

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.