Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Compatibility matrix

Hello,

We bot a HP Blade enclosure with SAN brocade 8Gb Switch and I would like to run them as Access Gateway. The core of our SAN is composed by MCData Switch (MD4700 EMC) and I'm looking for an FW compatibility matrix between the MCData OS and the Brocade OS, has anybody seeing this ? The MD4700 do run FW 09.06.02 4 and the new Brocade Switch in the Blade enclosure are running v6.2.0d, are they compatible ?

Thanks for any Hint,

Regards

Super Contributor

Re: Compatibility matrix

>>>The MD4700 do run FW 09.06.02 4 and the new Brocade Switch in the Blade enclosure are running v6.2.0d, are they compatible ?

No, McDATA must run EOS 09.07.02 or later to interoperate with Fabric OS 6.2.0d

Occasional Contributor

Tanks for the reply, but how it is when running the Blade Switches in Access Gateway mode?

So far we do run the Brocade blade switch in Access Gateway mode with FW 6.0.1a and MCData FW 09.06.02 4. I'm not sure if downgrading the new Brocade blade switch is a good idea and for this reason I'm looking for a support matrix.

Thanks

External Moderator

--->>> I'm not sure if downgrading the new Brocade blade switch is a good idea.....

try switchshow and tell me the Switch Type, because some switch are not supported by Preview FOS Release.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

The result of switchshow:

switchType:    43.2

thanks for your help

External Moderator

--->>> We bot a HP Blade enclosure with SAN brocade 8Gb Switch...

--->>> The result of switchshow: switchType:    43.2

this is Brocade 4024, 4GB Switch and not 8GB

FOS 6.0.1 is Supported and certified with EOSc 9.6.2 and supported for NPIV also Access Gateway.

what is the reason for Downgrade ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for this late reply but i have been off for a while.

I've send the wrong switchtyp since this one is the type we use in our older Blade chassis.

The new 8GB Switch has a typ of 72.3 and we would like to run it in Access gateway mode with our McData Switches.

Thanks for any help.

Super Contributor

If you want to use the Brocade in AG mode, you need toconfig NPIV ( is Native Supported ) in the McDATA

Occasional Contributor

I know that since we already run our Brocade 4Gb Switch in that AG mode. I would like just to make sure we do run the correct FW to be able to connect our 8Gb Switch the same way that our 4Gb switch.

Thanks

Super Contributor

for the 4020, FOS 6.2.2b

and by

72.3 = Embedded Bade Switch 5480

is Full supported by FOS 6.2.2b , 6.3.x or 6.4.x Compatible and Certified by Brocade.

If you are satisfied with the responses please mark as 'Answered'.
If not, just let me know I can see to get more info.

I would appreciated if you rate the threads.

Thank You.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.