Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Clear all zone config

[ Edited ]

Hello there.

I have no brocade swtich for test purposes atm, but recently I have to rebuild my fabrics and I used "Clear all" button in java GUI to clear all aliases, zones and configs. I am curious if command "erase startup-config" provides the same effect? I have doubt about it because of article http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/hardware-installation-guide/FI_08030_FCX/GUID-92F06791-C968-47AB-8FCC-50CC92D07FAA.html where it says that "erase startup-config" is used for factory reset. Will this command purge all configuration including management IP address or it will purge only zonning configuration like "Clear all" button?

Valued Contributor

Re: Clear all zone config

"erase startup-config" sounds like a foundry/nos/cisco command so I suspect it is applicable to the LAN switches but not to the FC switches. In our world the commands are something like: "cfgdisable; cfgclear; cfgsave". Search the forum for the exact sequence, it was already discussed here many times.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.