Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Visitor

Change the port destination to another switch

Hello,

We have 4 FC switches in our infrastructure, configured with 8 servers (VSC in my picture), and 2 NAS. Each server has two FC links.

We would like to move the port 4 on SW1 to Port 4 on SW3 and the port 0 on SW2 to port 4 on SW4, so the servers VSC05, 06, 07 & 08 can access the NAS without having to go through the F-PORT link between the switches (currently on port 7 on SW1 for instance).

Please see attachment for the schema.

We told me that I wasn't obliged to change the zoning in this configuration, but just validate paths when I'm done moving the GBICs.

Is this true ? How can I proceed ?

All the configuration has been made by professionals, and I have no knowledge of the commands to perform this operation. HP Support gives me nothing.

Do you have any idea? I would be very happy if I could have a step by step procedure.

Thank you very much.
Cheers

Contributor

Re: Change the port destination to another switch

hi,

saw your pic and found that you have 4 switches in 2 fabrics.

you have to think about the fabric as about one big switch so there's no need to change the configuration.

unless you want to minimalize risk that isl link (E-port) goes down and servers will lost access to luns

you don't need to change zonning as fabric is one big switch Smiley Happy

so all you need to do is scheduling offline window (just in case that zonning wasn't configure properly)

label cables so you could back-up your steps , and reseat cables in the way you wanna to.

switches will be notified that configuration has been change

rgds

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.