Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Certificate registration on silkworm 2400 switches

Is the process of registering certificates from the nt_pki utility non-disruptive? Can this be done online without losing fibre channel connections?

External Moderator

Re: Certificate registration on silkworm 2400 switches

Hi Dave,Refer please for details Secure Fabric OS Administrator Guide to appropriate FabOS Release.

TechHelp24
New Contributor

These are Compaq 1/16 port switches. I believe they correspond to the Brocade 2000 series. Not sure if they are 2400 or 2800. The fabic os is also old, 2.6.1. I have inherited support for these switches. I have been asked to look into zoning. I discovered that I could not log in to Fabric View, because certificates were never registered by my predicessor. There are web and zoning licenses registered on each switch. I ran the NT_PKI utility which I downloaded from the Brocade web site, retrieved the switch info to a file, forwarded this to Brocade, and got the XML file with the certificates. I need to know if I can register the certificates without interrupting service on the switches. There are no regularly scheduled downtimes for the VMS systems that use these switches for storage, as they are used for development and software conversions. I would be grateful for any insight you could offer.

External Moderator

Dave, the Switch you descripted here ( 16 Port ) , is a Brocade 2800.NO! You must reboot the switch after Install the Certificates.

TechHelp24

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.