Fibre Channel (SAN)

Can't upgrade from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, always get error message.

Hey guys,

i am upgrade the FOS from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, but when i do the upgrade(either upgrade localy or from BNA), i ways got the error message as below:

Checking system settings for firmwaredownload...
The following item(s) need to be addressed before downloading the specified firmware:
Advanced Performance Monitoring (APM) is obsoleted in FOS v7.4. Please remove all APM monitors if installed on all the logical switches prior to upgrade. Please use commands perfDelEEMonitor, fmMonitor --delmonitor, perfTTmon --delete to remove all End-to-End monitors, Frame monitors and Top talker monitors respectively. Flow Vision provides the same functionality in FOS v7.4. Please refer Flow Vision Administrator's guide for further information.

Firmwaredownload failed.

i tried to run the command and checked, i have no user defined monitors. and also i checked the method below.

any one have idea on this? 

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/administration-guide/fos-740-flow/GUID-5C81FAE6-449C-440C-AA8F-05705D9FF51D.html 

Brocade Moderator

Re: Can't upgrade from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, always get error message.

@popo_magic

Are you running Virtual Fabrics (VF) (fosconfig --show), then you need to verify in all logical switches that APM monitors are removed - notice that toptalker also installed monitor.  Further, please provide output from the following command:

configshow -all | grep perf.Toptalker

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't upgrade from 7.3.2a to 7.4.1c, always get error message.

Hi,

please provide the output from following commands:

perfresourceshow –eeRes

perfresourceshow --portttRes

Kind Regards
Ralf

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.