Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade network advisor  remove registered switch trap recipient

hi 

how can i remove a an old registered SNMP Trap recipient from Network Advisor ? 

these old switch is down and i always receive log like this :

Registering Server **filtered**.x.x.x.x as SNMP trap recipient to the switch **filtered**.x.x.x failed .Reason : Connection timeout 

any help to remove from database this trap recipient ?

Thanks you 

Marc

Brocade Moderator

Re: Brocade network advisor  remove registered switch trap recipient

Hi,

It sounds like the switch is still beeing in the discovery in BNA, so BNA tries to communicate with it.

Try to delete it in the Discovery, or unmonitor it.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
New Contributor

i ve already delete from discovery
but it seems that some definition stay in database
how can i check content of discovery/monitor database ?

Thanks

Marc
Brocade Moderator

okay that sounds unusual.

Usually you just have to look in the the Fabric Discovery Menue. It should show you every instance BNA communicates with.

When you say the switch is down, you mean it's powered off, right? So no ethernet and no fabric connectivity?

Have you tried:

a) Rediscover the fabric where it has been previously connected.

b) Restart BNA Services

What is the BNA version you are using?

TL

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.