Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Brocade condb

Hi,

can somebody tell me for what the "condb" on Brocade FC Switches is ?

Regards

Contributor

Re: Brocade condb

Hi,

My guess is this could be zoning configuration database. Where did you come across it?

New Contributor

We are getting sometime the Trap "PS-1009 Failed to add the device updates in condb database"

Brocade Message:

PS-1009
Severity
Failed to add the device updates in condb database.
LOG
WARNING
Probable Cause Indicates that the fabric has more than the allowed number of devices.
Recommended Reduce the number of devices configured in the fabric to be within the allowed limit. The maximum
Action number of devices that can be configured in a fabric is 940.

So i think it can be the device DB. But 940 can`t be the limit and what kind of Problems do this produce.

Occasional Visitor

This is known issue with 7.2.1 code and was fixed on 7.3.1a.

Frequent Contributor

Correction, it is not fixed but the display of the message is hidden. It has to do with the number of devices registered in that databse which is limited to 944.

I assume you have a FICON environment and have the Flow Vision oe APM license installed. As of FOS 7.2 flowvision or ttmon is always enabled which, in relation with the high number of devices zoned together, it will throw this message.

It has nothing to do with the number of devices supported to the switch/fabric.

If you upgrade to FOS 7.3.1+ you won't see it again. Then again, if you do run FICON this might not be supported yet. AFAIK 7.3.0b5 is the latest that IBM is willing to look at.

Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen
Brocade Distinguished Architect
http://www.erwinvanlonden.net The Fibre Channel blog

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.