Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Brocade and HP firmware version comparisons

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the HP version of firmware is exactly the same as the Brocade version or do HP modify it in any way?

I'm after a specfic version of firmware for a HP B-series switch which I can't easily get from HP but is downloadable from Brocade..... is it 99.99% the same so i can install the Brocade version?

Kind regards

Occasional Contributor

Re: Brocade and HP firmware version comparisons

Have you tried to make an md5sum of the file? If it is the same that would be now problem.

External Moderator

Most firmware release Brocade GA and OEM are the same, excepted Customer specific FOS release.

--->>>Have you tried to make an md5sum...

md5sum have nothing to do with FOS Release and/or FOS Release related difference.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

If both binary images HP and Brocade hvae the same md5sum you could be 99,99999% shure that they are the same without modifications.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Ruben

that's what I thought you meant but as I can't get an HP version of the firmware I interested in I can't run a checksum against both. I do plan to download a common version that I can access to see how that compares and if that's the same then there is a very good chance the version I'm interested in will be the same too.

Thanks

External Moderator

as mentioned GA release are the same, again md5sum have nothing to do if the FOS is the same or not.

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Which version are you searching from hp?  If you can give me that information I can take a look. ... ;-)

Occasional Contributor

Antonio:

If you have the file form HP and the file dirctly from Brocade, the esmae version for the same device. You can run easy an md5sum over both files. If the files are the same the md5sum is also the same. If Hp has done any changes on the firmware the md5sum will not be the same. Cause it is nearly imposible to generate 2 files with diffrent content, same size and the same md5sum.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks - I'm after v6.4.0b

Occasional Contributor

Please try:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL22074/co-85189-1/v6.4.0b.tar.gz

But remember ist not supported from hp anymore.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.